I do not care for Midgardian sports much. Football least of all. All that striving and contending and scrambling about and tackling and hitting and bloodshed —and nothing is actually won! No lands change hands, no rulers are overthrown, and all the combatants just get up and walk away. No one passes to Valhalla. It’s pointless.
However, recent events have convinced me that perhaps I should pay a little more attention. This. This happened.
Odin’s Eyepatch! That is a magnificent and tempting sum! I think I now know how to significantly advance my plans for world domination, beginning with this University.
- Obtain the position of next Head Coach of the University’s football team
- Encourage my warriors to fight fiercely and triumph for about three years
- Let the reins slip a bit so that the win/loss ratio tumbles
- Insist that the team change its uniform colors from maroon and white to green and gold
- Channel the outrage at the University (and the Smaller University Up the River, whose colors are green and gold) into getting myself fired
- Collect a handsome remuneration for being shown the door
I’ve been over this plan a dozen times and can’t find a flaw.
I’m going to need bigger coffers.